torsdag, januar 07, 2016

Dmitri Shostakovich' radio message during the Nazi siege of Leningrad

- - - here - - -

[English translation]:

An hour ago, I finished the score of two parts of a large symphonic composition. If I succeed in writing this composition well, if I succeed in completing the third and fourth parts, then it will be possible to call this composition the seventh symphony. 

Why do I announce this? So that the radio listeners who are listening to me now will know that the life of our city goes on as normal. 

We are all now doing our military duty. Soviet musicians, my dear friends and numerous brothers-in-arms, my friends! Remember that our art is now in great danger. Let us defend our music, let us work honestly and selflessly! 


[thanks to UbuWeb!]

Ingen kommentarer:

Kornkammer er flyttet!

og findes nu på KORNKAMMER.DK